The casino front end and back end can be thought of as two sides of the same coin as they are both essential systems required to operate an online casino or any website. That being said, it is important to know the differences between these two solutions so that you understand what makes each necessary to your operation. Like all aspects of running an online casino business, improving your knowledge about the front end and back end components of a casino site can help boost your chances for success. Here, Top Casino Solutions covers the fundamentals of each to support you on your journey.
What is a Casino Front End Solution?
Every active website has a front end. The front end of a website is the part with which users interact and the part that delivers the user experience (UX). Therefore, the online casino front end is the part that your players see and use as they navigate your site. Everything from the register forms, login button, drop-down menus, tabs, games, and promotions to the colors, fonts, and sliders on your site is the front end of your casino.
Front end casino services
Some of the services that may be offered by online casino software providers who offer a front end solution may include, but are not limited to:
- Fast loading site – Transmission between the server and client should be minimal. Site speed is pivotal, especially in online gaming, as users of your casino need the ability to act quickly.
- Cross-device support – Various platforms, including web, mobile, and native applications, should be supported. In today’s digital age, it’s crucial for users to enjoy a consistent gaming experience across multiple devices and to have synchronized versions of their gameplay.
- Cross-product bonuses – These are promotions that work across multiple channels.
- A variety of casino games – Some front end solution providers can also provide games from specific vendors based on geolocation for a more tailored experience.
- Live casino lobby API – This application programming interface makes it possible for a live casino to be integrated if this is something you’d like to offer.
- Wallet integration API – It’s important to ensure a variety of payment options can be accessed by players via the cashier.
- Analytical API – This is important for open games, turnover, and so on.
The bottom line is that providing the best user experience should be the top priority of whomever you choose to deliver your front end experience. The front end should be able to maintain a top UX without making changes to the back end.
What is a Casino Back End Solution?
Also known as the back office, the back end is the system that runs in the background and includes a server, application and a database. Unlike the front end, it cannot be seen by users. It is the online casino back end that makes it possible for your customers to gamble with real money. This system stores information about user profiles, payment information, and so on. The back end makes it possible for you to collect, store and manage user data so that you can deliver the type of products, promotions and services that will appeal to your players.
The back office drives several of your business’ administration and management tasks, including customer relationship management (CRM). All this means that the back-end solution provides you with all the necessary tools and services that make it possible to manage all components of an online gaming platform – including aspects like scheduling shifts to casino payment processing monitoring. It is the system that helps your staff track customers, manage marketing, customer support, VIP services, and more.
Back end casino services
Common tools and services offered by back office casino systems include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Tools to manage your casino in real time – This can include the ability to add more games for flawless play without overlap, the ability to localize games and interact with players.
- Player tracking – Back end systems provide comprehensive administration and invoicing and can track player deposits, withdrawals, account balances, and so on. These systems can also integrate with other platforms, including existing or legacy systems.
- Player analytics – Learn about information related to player game performance, profit and revenue generation, identify and analyze trends, etc. It is important to know how your players are performing so that you can predict player habits and behaviours. This makes it possible to provide users with the best experience.
- Improved player loyalty – The back office can help manage loyalty and VIP programs and track their effectiveness. It allows you to measure the opportunities available with every player to build a relationship and optimize return.
- Integration with third parties – Some systems give you access to their API (Application Programing Interface) and let you integrate the tools and services of other platforms for the purpose of enhancing campaign optimization, email marketing capabilities, improved player segmentation, and so on.
- Top security – Online casinos are a hot target for hackers. Since the back-office stores payment information and personal data, this information needs to be kept highly secure, always, with the latest industry standard encryption protocols.
Keep in mind that while the best back end casino solution should help you maximize your players’ enjoyment, loyalty and lifetime value, this system must also be certified for use in the regulated markets where you intend to operate your iGaming business.
How to Obtain the Best Front End Solution and Back End Solution
If you’re planning to become an online casino operator, you have two main options when it comes to obtaining these services for your site.
- Acquire the services independently – If your intention is to build an online casino from scratch, unless you have vast experience in web development – particularly web development related to the online gambling industry – you will need to hire a company to take care of this for you.
Be sure that the company you do choose for either the front end or back end solution (or both) has experience in the online gambling industry. This is imperative as these systems not only need to ensure you keep players happy and reduce churn, but they also need to be secure and certified to operate within regulated markets.
- Obtain services as part of an offered casino solution – If you should choose to purchase a white label casino solution or a solution for a turnkey casino, such as those offered by the iGaming software providers analyzed by TCS, front end and back end services are often provided and these services are certified in the regulated markets where these providers are licensed.
For white label, these systems are automatically included and there is not much flexibility in terms of what you can control due to the nature of this solution, which functions as a ready-to-launch product. However, with turnkey and self-service solutions, there is greater flexibility due to the ability to pick and choose from different services and features as these solutions are not sold as an all-in-one package like white label.
Both white label and turnkey solutions can be beneficial. It all depends on how much control you’d like to have when customizing your brand and the costs you’re willing to incur.
How Much Do These Solutions Cost?
Costs associated with these technical systems vary and largely depend on whether they are being provided to you as part of an all-in-one white label solution or are something that you are acquiring as a separate service. That said, generally speaking, you can expect these solutions to cost hundreds of dollars a month, with the price going up for systems that offer more services and features.
Casino Front End and Back End Tips
While on your search for the best front and back office systems, you may find it useful to consider the following:
- Choose an experienced company – Don’t settle for just any company that offers these web and mobile solutions. Remember, it’s not only about whether or not they can deliver great services, but that they also have experience with the online gambling industry.
- Localization is important – Beyond just giving you the power to deliver games, promotions and payment processing, providing products and services that are localized to your customers can help to improve player experience.
- Access to APIs matter – Having the ability to integrate third party applications, platforms, etc. may be important to your brand if your intention is to customize as much as possible. The greater the flexibility the company offers with its systems, the better.
- Access to key player data – Find out what tools and services are used to identify and analyze player trends so that player habits and behaviors can be evaluated and predicted, allowing you to deliver them the best experience via the ideal advertising and marketing channels.
- Security is everything – Learn what security protocols are in place to ensure that the back office is kept secure from hackers. You don’t want to run the risk of having your customers’ personal or payment information stolen.
- The system must be fully certified to use in regulated markets – Remember, owning an online casino is one thing, being able to legally operate it is another. Beyond having the necessary gambling license for your casino business that you require, it’s important that your back office system is compliant with the regulations of the jurisdictions where you operate.
Casino Front End and Casino Back End – Final Thoughts
The two core components of your online casino, namely the front end and back end, play pivotal roles in the overall functionality and success of your business. The front end acts as the visual interface and the structure that your players interact with directly. It onvolves the design, layout, and usability of your website or application. On the other hand, the back end serves as the backstage system that powers your operation. It handles fundamental functions such as player data management, payment processing, and game integration.
By leveraging an efficient front end and back end system, you can improve your players’ experience, be more competitive, and prioritize security and retention. If you’re about to open your online casino business or want to get in touch with iGaming experts to discuss your ideas, use TCS’s free business plan to have a clear and achievable roadmap for your journey.
The casino front end is what users see and interact with on a website, including registration forms, games, and promotions. The back end, often termed the back office, handles behind-the-scenes operations like storing user data, managing payments, and facilitating real-money play.
Front end services often encompass a responsive site design, cross-device compatibility, geolocation-tailored game offerings, and integrated payment options. Back end services provide tools for real-time casino management, comprehensive player tracking, analytics, loyalty program oversight, third-party integrations, and robust security protocols.
Solutions can be sourced independently from experienced iGaming providers or as part of comprehensive packages like white label or turnkey solutions. The decision depends on the desired level of brand customization and operational control.